Over the course of time, many people may develop all sorts of different facial scars or minor deficiencies that they want to have corrected to improve their appearance. This may include acne scars, large pores, uneven skin texture, UV skin damage, stretch marks, rosacea, melisma, pigment irregularities and wrinkles.
For many years, dermatologists have sought to alleviate these different types of blemishes in a number of noninvasive ways. One of the best types of treatments to emerge in recent years has been the use of the Venus Viva Fractal Laser.
What is the Venus Viva?
The Venus Viva Fractal Laser is a non-surgical device that uses non-fractional radio frequency to treat a variety of skin abnormalities on a patient’s face. It does not use painful chemicals to deliver results. Using a hand-held device, a doctor sends energy below the surface of the skin using a number of pins at the tip of the device. The pin pricks and the heat create micro-dermal wounds that heats the cells and stimulates the body’s natural collagen production.
Benefits of the Venus Viva
There are several benefits to getting treated with the Venus Viva:
- A typical treatment lasts no more than 30 to 45 minutes. A patient’s skin is treated with a topical anesthetic to dull any pain before the procedure starts.
- The number of treatments may vary, and chances are a patient will see some improvement after a single session. Generally, a patient will see much more significant results after three to four sessions.
- The Venus Viva has been given FDA approval for use on all skin tones and for a number of skin conditions.
- It can be used to cover a larger surface area and treat multiple issues in a single session.
- After treatment, there is virtually no downtime. A patient can continue with their normal activities immediately and can resume wearing make-up 24 hours after receiving a treatment.
- Post session side effects are minimal. A patient’s skin may be red for a few hours and there may be some minor swelling, but a cool air chiller can be used directly on the treated area to minimize these side effects.
Boulder Eyes serves patients in Denver, Fort Collins, Boulder and other nearby Colorado communities.